Travellers from some countries will need to obtain a visa before they will be able to enter the United States. Information on who must acquire a visa, and the procedures for doing so, are available from the U.S. State Department here.

If you need a visa, we strongly encourage you to begin the process early. It is recommended that you begin the application process at least three months before your travel.

In some cases, it will be necessary for you to obtain a letter from us stating that you will be attending the ICDE conference. The process for requesting a visa letter is as follows:

  1. Register for the conference.
  2. Send us your request for a visa letter via email to Chen Li (chenli AT Please include the following information:
    • Name
    • Email address
    • Are you an IEEE member? If so, IEEE member number.
    • Will you be presenting at the conference? If so, the paper or session you will be presenting.
    • To what post office address should the letter be mailed? (Street, City, State/province, Postal Code, Country).
  3. We will verify that we can send you a visa letter (the U.S. State Department has some restrictions), and put it in the mail usually within 5 business days.

We are only able to generate visa letters for paid attendees and organizing committee members, so it is important that you register for the conference before requesting a visa letter. If you have any questions, please contact Chen Li at chenli AT